- CFT United is the CFT’s all-union magazine that contains information relevant to members including a section specific to the issues of classified employees.
- Classified Insider contains valuable news and information about the workplace issues of California classified employees and paraprofessionals and is emailed to members.
- AFT PSRP Reporter covers issues of relevance to classified employees and support staff members of the AFT Paraprofessional and School-Related Personnel (PSRP) division and is part of AFT Voices.
- Subscribe to the AFT PSRP email that contains news and information for classified employee and paraeducator members of the AFT.
- Get to Know Your CCE!
Learn more about the officers of the Council of Classified Employees on this flyer.
- How Can You Participate?
Learn how you can get involved in the Council of Classified Employees and the larger CFT on this flyer.
Be a UNIONIST – United in Fighting for Fairness, Prosperity, Justice, Equality. Post this colorful piece in your workplace!
Know Your Rights
- CalOSHA Health-and-Safety Rights for Workers:
This concise booklet produced by the Department of Industrial Relations/Cal-OSHA outlines the injury and illness prevention program required by your employer under the California Labor Code, your right to a workplace inspection, your right to refuse hazardous work, and your right to obtain documents and records.
- Know Your Rights: A guide to workplace laws for classified employees and paraprofessionals in California
A comprehensive 40-page analysis of the California Education Code as it relates to classified employees and paraprofessionals covers topics such as hours of employment, vacation and leaves, refusal to perform unsafe work and collective bargaining rights, plus the federal Family and Medical Leave Act. It also contains your Weingarten Rights.
and medical leave
Our articles defines the leaves available in federal laws, state codes, and individual collective bargaining agreements. Your union local may also bargain improvements.
Our Classified Voice is Strong
CalPERS is the retirement system for numerous groups of public employees in California, including many members of the classified service. The CCE monitors CalPERS actions and sends a representative to its board meetings.
- Mike O’Neill, a bus driver and member of the Jefferson AFT Federation of Teachers, AFT Local 1481, is the CCE liaison for CalPERS.
In the Community Colleges
The Consultation Council of the California Community Colleges comprises 18 representatives who have an opportunity to advise the chancellor and board of governors on state policy decisions. Thanks to successful CFT-sponsored legislation, classified staff now have two seats on the council.
- Pamela Ford, president of the Antelope Valley Federation of Classified Employees, AFT Local 4683, is the CFT representative on the Consultation Council.