The Convention is the Federation’s highest governance body, where delegates shape union policy and positions on issues affecting all members. The biennial Convention is open to all CFT members, but only elected delegates can vote. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, we will hold Convention 2021 online March 26-27. Some meetings will be held in the days preceding the Convention.
Elections to take place at this Convention are CFT President, Secretary Treasurer and 24 Vice Presidents, plus delegates to the AFT Convention and the California Labor Federation Convention. The Division Councils will also elect officers at their meetings on March 20.
This is the online hub for our Business Session documents. We will not have printed materials this year, so this is the place to find committee assignments, proposed resolutions and constitutional amendments, the delegate roster, Convention rules and other governance docs.
Register to attend one of our CFT committee-organized workshops in the weeks following Virtual Convention. The workshops will be held on Zoom.
- Best Practices for Young Children During Distance Learning
- Combating Homelessness
- My Retirement Benefits in CalSTRS
- Planning for Retirement from CalPERS
- Retirement 101 — What I Wish I Had Known When I Was 30
- Retirement for Part-Time Educators
- Stress Management and Self Care for Educators
- The Educator Edit: Preparing Your Life for School Reentry
- What Does Racial Justice in Education Look Like?