Part-Time Faculty Committee
The Part-Time Faculty Committee advances, through political action and collective bargaining, the interests of contingent faculty in both public and private higher education.
- Track legislation and provide advice to CFT legislative program on policy issues related to part-time faculty.
- Track the categorical funding in the state budget for part-time faculty to assist with efforts on parity issues.
- Engage part-time faculty from CFT local unions across the state.
- Hold workshops and produce materials to ensure that CFT locals have the information to be effective advocates of part-time faculty.
- Align committee’s work with any part-time faculty equity efforts of the related Division Councils and provide regular committee updates to them.
John Govsky, Co-Chair, Cabrillo College
Federation of Teachers
Linda Sneed, Co-Chair, Los Rios College Federation of Teachers
Carol Abohatab, San Jose/Evergreen Federation of Teachers
Sandra Baringer, UC-AFT Retiree Chapter
Lisa Bell, San Jose/Evergreen Federation of Teachers
Samantha Brookshire, State Center Federation of Teachers
Will Dalrymple, Palomar Faculty Federation
Laila Dellapasqua, El Camino College Federation of Teachers
Malaika Finkelstein, San Francisco Community College District Federation of Teachers
Lauren Golder, AFT Part Time Faculty United
Galadriel Highhouse, Cuesta College Federation of Teachers
Geoffery Johnson, AFT Guild, San Diego and Grossmont Cuyamaca Community Colleges
Patricia (Pat) Morris, Los Angeles College Faculty Guild
Monica Nolasco, West Valley-Mission Federation of Teachers
Terry Patten Armbrust, Los Rios College Federation of Teachers
Enid Perez, State Center Federation of Teachers
Elaine Robinson, Yuba College Federation of Teachers
Jessica Saint-Paul, Los Angeles College Faculty Guild
Jory Segal, West Valley-Mission Federation of Teachers
Marlo Smith, Adjunct Faculty United
Sujatha (Suji) Venkataraman, San Mateo College Federation of Teachers
Heidi Walker, Yuba College Federation of Teachers
Juliann Wolfgram, Glendale College Guild
Maria-Jose Zeledon-Perez, AFT Guild, San Diego and Grossmont Cuyamaca Community Colleges
Bill Zeman, Citrus College Adjunct Faculty Federation
Aimee Shreck,Staff Liaison
Committee members work on the CFT’s Part-Timer newsletter that advocates for the rights of part-time faculty and covers issues of relevance.
Committee members have compiled a resource-rich online toolkit and guide to action for faculty and students during Campus Equity Week.
Guide to Unemployment Benefits
The committee has prepared this step-by-step guide to applying for unemployment benefits during summer and holiday breaks.