In phase one of the Part-Time Faculty Campaign, our collective efforts secured $200 million in ongoing funding for part-time faculty healthcare in the California state budget.
Now we are launching phase two — coordinated collective bargaining — as members begin to mobilize and bargain in their home districts to secure this funding locally.
The CFT is hosting a series of regional meetings to prepare locals to negotiate this funding in contracts or MOUs. We need local union leaders, activists and rank-and-file members to please join us at these meetings and kick off this phase with faculty power! Faculty wellness is student success, and having stable, affordable healthcare is more important than ever.
The CFT will be providing dinner at the start of each meeting. Below is a schedule of regional meetings — find yours and register today!
September 14 – Orange County
- 5–7 pm
- Cypress College, Building CCPLX, 9200 Valley View St, Cypress, CA 90630
- Park in Lot #1
September 15 – Los Angeles
- 4:30–6:30 pm
- LA Mission College, Arroyo Room, 13356 Eldridge Ave, Sylmar, CA 91342
- Dinner and Registration: 30 min
- Welcome: 15 min
- Campaign Update: 15 min
- Planning: 30 min
- Debrief and Next Steps: 20 min
- Adjourn: 10 min
Vegetarian and vegan options will be provided for dinner.
- For these regional meetings, we will be adhering to local COVID safety protocols.