Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Every year we observe Martin Luther King Day to reflect on the work that still needs to be done for racial equality. The CFT has been reflecting and speaking out on the racial injustice, healthcare disparity and economic inequity that has permeated this country. America is in crisis mode, but we must follow in the footsteps of Dr. King and recommit ourselves to the fight against white supremacy, right-wing extremist and wealth inequality.
Education was integral to King’s vision for a more just society. Share his legacy with students.
- Find the Martin Luther King, Jr collection on AFT’s Share My Lesson.
MORE FROM CFT
- Find additional classroom resources in our Black History Month collection.
- Find our stories on racial justice in the CFT Newsroom.
- Read our most recent resolution, CFT believes that Black Lives Matter.
- Share our booklet Reclaiming the Promise of Racial Equity for Black Males in California.