Update: The strike is called off after an agreement was reached in the early morning hours of November 17. See the news story.
Late Saturday night, the lecturers of the University Council-AFT announced that they have notified UC management that lecturers will take part in an unfair labor practice strike on November 17 and 18. This strike is about a pattern of bad faith bargaining and unfair labor practices committed by President Michael Drake’s administration.
Joining the picket line is the best way to demonstrate your support for UC-lecturers. “What keeps us strong is knowing that supporters like you have our backs and you’ll be with us all the way,” said UC-AFT representatives.
- SIGN UP now for a shift on the picket line!
- Campus pickets begin at 10 am.
- Rallies start at 12 noon.
The map shows campus locations for the pickets. Show your support for UC-AFT lecturers and sign up for a shift on the picket line.
Show your support on social media
You can also show your support for UC-AFT lecturers on social media.
- Download this image for your profile picture.
- Be sure to tag your posts using the hashtags #TeamUCAFT, #UCUnfair and #WeTeachUC.