For Union Leaders
Collective bargaining guidance and MOUs
The CFT and AFT are committed to providing union leaders with the information needed during the pandemic to protect our members and the communities they serve.
CFT Memorandums of Understanding
The CFT provides advice to local union leaders for when a school, worksite, district, or college is closed because of the coronavirus threat.
- The CFT has prepared Memorandum of Understanding templates regarding the coronavirus, school closure, and employee rights.
- There are separate templates for K-12 and higher education local unions.
- To obtain these MOU templates, please email CFT Training Director Christopher Arellano.
AFT Bulletins & Guidance
The AFT has prepared guidance documents for making information requests and to understand the work of “essential employees.” Find links to these documents below; they are updated as the AFT updates them.
Collective Bargaining & Information Requests
- Emergency Declarations, Executive Orders and the Implications for Collective Bargaining
- Guidance for K-12 Leaders on Information Requests and Requests to Bargain
- Guidance for Higher Education Leaders on Information Requests and Requests to Bargain
Essential Workers & Information Requests
- Essential Personnel FAQs
- Information Requests and Bargaining About Essential Employees (Public Sector)
- Information Requests and Bargaining About Essential Employees (Private Sector)
California Public Employment Relations Board
The Public Employment Relations Board (PERB) is the quasi-judicial administrative agency charged with administering the eight collective bargaining statutes covering employees of the state’s public schools, colleges, and universities.
- AFT: Information from our national affiliate
- California Labor Federation: Tracking the state response, food bank locations, and much more