PreK-12 Education Issues Committee
The PreK-12 Education Issues Committee identifies and monitors significant educational issues affecting PreK-12 education in California. The committee comprises certificated employees, paraprofessionals and classified employees.
- Monitor state and federal statues and regulatory policies that generate or affect PreK-12 education.
- Track policy issues and provide advice to CFT legislative staff regarding the following issues in particular: California Dashboard, LCAP, testing and accountability, the teacher shortage, and other emerging educational policy issues.
- Seek out and disseminate information about key issues from AFT and other organizations to locals and members.
- Organize workshops and produce materials to ensure that locals and members have the information to be effective advocates locally on PreK-12 policy issues.
- Align the committee’s work with related Division Council efforts, and explore and emphasize issues of common interest to all CFT councils and divisions of education.
- Provide a forum for teachers and staff to engage in dialogue and support each other.
Steve McDougall, Chair, Salinas Valley
Federation of Teachers
Lodene Blair, Lompoc Federation of Teachers
Cecelia Boskin, United Teachers Los Angeles, Retiree Chapter
Lilia Carreon, El Rancho Federation of Teachers
Alan Carrillo, Salinas Valley Federation of Teachers
Michelle Cody, United Educators of San Francisco
Janet Eberhardt, United Educators of San Francisco
Gamaliel Gamboa, United Teachers Los Angeles
Sandra Larsen, Petaluma Federation of Teachers
Tim McFadden, Newport-Mesa Federation of Teachers
Connie Nam, ABC Federation of Teachers
Skyler Petersen, Lompoc Federation of Teachers
Steve Seal, United Teachers Los Angeles
Gregg Solkovits, United Teachers Los Angeles
Ahrien T. Johnson, Staff Liaison