Join the Worldwide Fight for Worker Rights!
Here you can find news about labor unions across the nation and the world. You can also get to know the non-governmental organizations advocating every day for the right of workers to form democratic unions, providing resources to workers and their families and promoting social justice issues.
- Labor Notes National media and organizing project that has been the voice of union activists who want to put the movement back in the labor movement since 1979. Sign up for emails to get labor news and learn about trainings and conferences.
- LabourStart World labor news with the tagline, “Where trade unionists start their day on the net.”
- Peoples World Reporting on labor, politics, social justice, the environment and international issues. Sign up for emails to get news updates.
- Voters Injured at Work Serves injured workers and their families by providing a voice for changing workers’ compensation laws and educating the public about problems experienced by injured workers.
- Young Workers’ Health and Safety A resource network that helps prevent California’s young workers from being injured or killed on the job. Includes a resources section for teachers.
- Association for Union Democracy The only national, pro-labor, non-profit organization dedicated to advancing the principles and practices of democratic trade unionism in North America
- Coalition of Labor Union Women A national organization affiliated with the AFL-CIO that offers valuable resources for female unionists.
- Jobs for Justice Fighting corporate attacks on working people and standing up for our rights as working people to a decent standard of living and to organize and bargain collectively.
- Labor Project for Working Families Download resources, reports and publications on organizing, bargaining, and advocating for family-friendly workplace programs and policies.
- United for Respect is a multiracial national movement of working people advancing a vision of an economy where corporations respect our work, recognize our humanity, and in which everyone can live and work in dignity.
- United Students Against Sweatshops is a national student labor organization fighting for workers’ rights with chapters on more than 150 campuses.
- Global Unions International trade union organizations working together with a shared commitment to the ideals and principles of the trade union movement.
- International Labour Organization The ILO is devoted to promoting social justice and internationally recognized human and labor rights.
- Workers Rights Consortium is an independent labor rights organization that conducts investigations of working conditions in factories around the globe with the aim of combatting sweatshops and protecting the rights of workers who make apparel and other products.