Early Childhood Education Committee
The Early Childhood Education Committee monitors issues and activities relating to preschool, Head Start, child care and nursery school programs and makes policy recommendations.
- Track developments in early childhood education at state and federal legislative and regulatory bodies.
- Provide advice to the CFT legislative department on state budget issues and legislation related to early childhood education.
- Review existing policy and recommend policy positions to CFT governance bodies on matters relevant to early childhood education.
- Keep the Federation and its members informed regarding new trends and programs in the field of early childhood education and provide regular committee updates to related Division Councils.
- Produce materials and hold workshops on early childhood education to ensure that CFT locals have the information to be effective advocates locally on these policy issues.
Betty Robinson-Harris, Chair, United Educators
of San Francisco
Patty Alcantar, ABC Federation of Teachers
Elisa Aparicio, United Teachers Los Angeles
Erique Arevalo, Early Childhood Federation
Jenny Fererro, Palomar Faculty Federation
Gloria Garcia, Early Childhood Federation
Berta Harris, AFT Guild, San Diego and Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community Colleges
Maria Huitron, Early Childhood Federation
Jessica Nguyen, Coast Federation of Educators
Carolyn Samoa, United Educators of San Francisco
Manuel Serrano, Pajaro Valley Federation of Teachers
Reema Suleiman, ABC Federation of Teachers
Terry Elverum, Staff Liaison
Shannon Willson, Staff Liaison