In conjunction with Division Councils and State Council
The standing committees of the CFT meet regularly to examine issues of importance to educators and unions, ranging from special education to labor education. The committees also put forth policy proposals for the CFT in their areas of expertise.
- This will be an in-person event at the Westin Los Angeles Airport.
- CFT COVID protocols will be in place. (See below) You will be required to test when you arrive. Testing takes 15 minutes to complete, so please plan to arrive early as the meetings will start on time. Masks must be worn except when eating.
- Please register your attendance below for purposes of meal planning and logistics.
Two-Day Event Schedule
|Fri, Oct 7||2 pm||Check In & COVID Testing||Second Level Foyer|
|3 pm –7 pm||Division Councils|
|Council of Classified Employees (hybrid)||LaGuardia|
|Community College Council||Concourse Ballroom AB|
|Council of Retired Members (hybrid)||Kennedy|
|7 pm||Dinner||Westchester AB|
|Sat, Oct 8||8 am||Check In, COVID Testing & Breakfast||Grand Ballroom B Foyer|
|9 am||General Session||Grand Ballroom B|
|10 am – 1 pm||Committees||Announced onsite|
|12 pm||Lunch, COVID Testing & State Council Registration||Grand Ballroom B Foyer|
|1 pm – 4 pm||State Council||Grand Ballroom B|
There is a single registration form for all three CFT events.
- The Westin Los Angeles Airport is 10-20 minutes from LAX, depending upon traffic.
- There is a hotel shuttle. On the departures level, look for a white shuttle van with the Westin logo. The shuttle departs about every 15 minutes.
- Day self-parking fee is $20.
- Day valet parking fee is $40.
- Overnight parking is discounted 20%.
- Set your driving directions to:
Westin Los Angeles Airport
5400 W Century Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90045
- The CFT’s COVID safety protocols will be in place during all meetings.
- Attendees will be required to upload proof of vaccination in advance of the conference. A booster is recommended. If you have already uploaded your vaccination card to CFT, you will not be required to do so again.
- Attendees will receive an email from CFT with upload instructions.
- Rapid antigen COVID tests will be administered on-site. Please allow an additional 15-20 minutes upon arrival to the registration area to complete the test.
- Masks must be worn at all times unless actively eating or drinking.
Hotel Reservations Closed
- The deadline to reserve a room at the conference rate ($149) was September 16.
- Rooms reserved after September 16 are subject to availability and price fluctuation.
- If you have questions about hotel accommodations, please email Angelica Vargas.