Higher Education Issues Committee
The Higher Education Issues Committee consists of faculty and staff representing our community colleges and four-year universities, public and private The committee seeks to identify and monitor significant issues affecting higher education in California.
- Monitor state and federal statues and regulatory policies that generate or affect educational issues in our colleges and universities.
- Track higher ed policy issues and provide advice to the CFT legislative department in these areas.
- Provide a forum for faculty and staff to engage in dialogue and support each other in efforts to make meaningful change.
- Collect and distribute model contract language regarding key issues.
- Organize workshops and produce materials to ensure that CFT locals have the information to be effective advocates locally on higher education policy issues.
- Seek out and disseminate information about key issues from AFT Higher Education and other organizations.
Monica Malamud, Co-Chair, San Mateo Community
College Federation of Teachers
Jason Newman, Co-Chair, Los Rios College Federation of
LaQuisha Beckum, Los Rios College Federation of Teachers
Yovanna Campos, AFT College Staff Guild – Los Angeles
Chris Cofer, Los Angeles College Faculty Guild
Kate Disney, West Valley-Mission Federation of Teachers
Pamela Ford, Antelope Valley College Federation of Classified Employees
Lawrence Hamilton-Lawson, Lawrence Palomar Faculty Federation
Emily Haraldson, Glendale College Guild
Tobin Keller, Cabrillo College Federation of Teachers
Oranit Limmaneeprasert, Los Rios College Federation of Teachers
James McKeever, Los Angeles College Faculty Guild
Dina Miyoshi, AFT Guild, San Diego and Grossmont Cuyamaca Community Colleges
Bernadette Moordigian, State Center Federation of Teachers
Tom Mucciaro, Coast Federation of Educators
Rob Schneiderman, Coast Federation of Educators
Clarire Thorson, Cabrillo College Federation of Teachers
Jason Elias, Staff Liaison