Higher Education Issues Committee
The Higher Education Issues Committee consists of faculty and staff representing our community colleges and four-year universities, public and private The committee seeks to identify and monitor significant issues affecting higher education in California.
- Monitor state and federal statues and regulatory policies that generate or affect educational issues in our colleges and universities.
- Track higher ed policy issues and provide advice to the CFT legislative department in these areas.
- Provide a forum for faculty and staff to engage in dialogue and support each other in efforts to make meaningful change.
- Collect and distribute model contract language regarding key issues.
- Organize workshops and produce materials to ensure that CFT locals have the information to be effective advocates locally on higher education policy issues.
- Seek out and disseminate information about key issues from AFT Higher Education and other organizations.
Monica Malamud, Co-Chair, San Mateo Community
College Federation of Teachers
Chris Cofer, Los Angeles College Faculty Guild
Kate Disney, West Valley-Mission Federation of Teachers
Tobin Keller, Cabrillo College Federation of Teachers
David Lau, San Mateo Community College Federation of Teachers
Dorlah Lawrence, AFT College Staff Guild-Los Angeles
Oranit Limmaneeprasert, Los Rios College Federation of Teachers
Dina Miyoshi, AFT Guild, San Diego and Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community Colleges
David Ritterband, AFT College Staff Guild-Los Angeles
Clarire Thorson, Cabrillo College Federation of Teachers
Jason Elias, Staff Liaison