Higher Education Issues Committee
The Higher Education Issues Committee consists of faculty and staff representing our community colleges and four-year universities, public and private The committee seeks to identify and monitor significant issues affecting higher education in California.
- Monitor state and federal statues and regulatory policies that generate or affect educational issues in our colleges and universities.
- Track higher ed policy issues and provide advice to the CFT legislative department in these areas.
- Provide a forum for faculty and staff to engage in dialogue and support each other in efforts to make meaningful change.
- Collect and distribute model contract language regarding key issues.
- Organize workshops and produce materials to ensure that CFT locals have the information to be effective advocates locally on higher education policy issues.
- Seek out and disseminate information about key issues from AFT Higher Education and other organizations.
Monica Malamud, Co-Chair, San Mateo Community
College Federation of Teachers
Chris Cofer, Los Angeles College Faculty Guild
Kate Disney, West Valley-Mission Federation of Teachers
Kelsey Iino, El Camino Federation of Teachers
Tobin Keller, Cabrillo College Federation of Teachers
David Lau, San Mateo Community College Federation of Teachers
Dorlah Lawrence, AFT College Staff Guild-Los Angeles
Oranit Limmaneeprasert, Los Rios College Federation of Teachers
Dina Miyoshi, AFT Guild, San Diego and Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community Colleges
David Ritterband, AFT College Staff Guild-Los Angeles
Clarire Thorson, Cabrillo College Federation of Teachers
Jason Elias, Staff Liaison