Higher Education Issues Committee
The Higher Education Issues Committee consists of faculty and staff representing our community colleges and four-year universities, public and private The committee seeks to identify and monitor significant issues affecting higher education in California.
- Monitor state and federal statues and regulatory policies that generate or affect educational issues in our colleges and universities.
- Track higher ed policy issues and provide advice to the CFT legislative department in these areas.
- Provide a forum for faculty and staff to engage in dialogue and support each other in efforts to make meaningful change.
- Collect and distribute model contract language regarding key issues.
- Organize workshops and produce materials to ensure that CFT locals have the information to be effective advocates locally on higher education policy issues.
- Seek out and disseminate information about key issues from AFT Higher Education and other organizations.
Monica Malamud, Co-Chair, San Mateo Community
College Federation of Teachers
Veronica Miranda, Co-Chair, Cerritos College Faculty Federation
Rameshor Bhandari, Los Angeles College Faculty Guild
Chris Cofer, Los Angeles College Faculty Guild
Emily Haraldson, Glendale College Guild
Tobin Keller, Cabrillo College Federation of Teachers
Oranit Limmaneeprasert, Los Rios College Federation of Teachers
Felipe Lopez, Los Angeles College Faculty Guild
Melissa Medich, Adjunct Faculty United
Jason Newman, Los Rios College Federation of Teachers
Erum Syed, Los Angeles College Faculty Guild
Claire Thorson, Cabrillo College Federation of Teachers
Rosalba Villalobos, AFT College Staff Guild-Los Angeles
Matthew Hardy, Staff Liaison