Higher Education Issues Committee
This committee consists of faculty and staff representing the California community colleges and four-year universities, public and private.
The purpose and goals of the CFT Higher Education Issues Committee are:
- to identify and monitor significant issues affecting higher education in California;
- to seek out and disseminate to locals and members information from AFT and other organizations about these key issues;
- to monitor state and federal statues and regulatory policies that generate or affect educational issues in our colleges and universities;
- to provide a forum for faculty and staff to engage in dialogue and support each other in efforts to make meaningful change;
- to collect and distribute model contract language regarding key issues;
- to keep CFT locals and members informed regarding important educational issues through articles in CFT publications, website resources, and workshops at CFT Conventions and other meetings;
- to communicate the work and findings of the committee, in conjunction with CFT staff, to the media, the Legislature, and other interested parties.
Monica Malamud, Chair, San Mateo Community College Federation of Teachers
Katie Arosteguy, UC-AFT Davis
Samantha Brandi-De Avila, Jefferson Elementary Federation of Teachers
Ian Duckles, AFT Guild, San Diego & Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community Colleges
Lyndsey Lefebvre, Cerritos College Faculty Federation
Rob Schneiderman, Coast Federation of Educators