Find the documents that define how the CFT works and how your local union works with the CFT.
Relevant CFT and AFT dates on our monthly single-sheet Planning Calendar. Visit our online calendar to find up-to-the-minute event info.
Constitution and Bylaws
The document that defines how CFT is governed.
Code of Conduct – Implementation Guidelines
Union policy for conduct at CFT meetings, events, and activities.
Code of Conduct – Meeting Script
To be read at CFT meetings, events, and activities.
Code of Conduct (as online text)
LOCAL UNION ADMINISTRATION
Conducting Local Union Officer Elections
A guide for election officials from the U.S. Department of Labor geared primarily toward officials with little or no experience in running an election.
Staff Funding Assistance Program for 2023-24 – Application Packet
Includes the application for participation in the CFT Staff Funding Program, a helpful checklist, and regulations for program implementation.
Staff Funding Assistance Program for 2023-24 – Written Plan
Locals must also submit a written plan with their application for the CFT Staff Funding Program.
LEGAL DEFENSE FUNDS
CFT Legal Defense Fund – Policy
CFT policies about Legal Defense Fund grant eligibility and application guidelines are contained in this document.
CFT Legal Defense Fund – Preliminary Legal Report
Local unions must complete this Preliminary Legal Report before incurring legal expense in order to receive a legal defense grant.
AFT Defense Fund – Policy and Application
The AFT Defense Fund may grant funds to local unions if they have a legal proceeding before a court, arbitrator, or other administrative body that complies with AFT guidelines and policies.
Per Capita Payment
Local unions can use these Excel documents to calculate per capita payment.
For September 2022 - 2023
Audited Financial Statements
The CFT posts audited financial statements online each year and the most recent statements can be found below. The CFT statement for 2020 contains three years of audited financials.
- Audited Financial Statements for 2021, 2020 and 2019
Single-Page Financial Statements
These concise visual summaries outline the union’s annual income and expenses.
- Financials for fiscal year 2018
- Financials for fiscal year 2017
- Financials for fiscal year 2016
- Financials for fiscal year 2015
Agency Fee Audits
These reports are about fair share, also called agency fee, and are helpful to financial officers of AFT local unions. There is a report from the CFT and a California report from the AFT. Each contains an agency fee audit letter and report, accompanied by a cover letter from the respective secretary treasurer.
- CFT Agency Fee Report 2021 for year ending December 31, 2021
- CFT Agency Fee Report 2020 for year ending December 31, 2020
- CFT Agency Fee Report 2019 for year ending December 31, 2019
FORMS FOR MEMBERS
Reimbursement request and guidelines for members attending committee meetings or other conferences or events on behalf of CFT.
Elected Statewide Leadership Stipend
Request and certification for leaders who are not receiving release time, load reduction, or a reasonable stipend for CFT work from their local unions.
FORMS FOR CFT EMPLOYEES
- Monthly Report – 2023 For members of the Field Representatives Union
- Monthly Report – Jul-Dec 2022 For members of the Field Representatives Union
- Employee Request: For members of the Field Representatives Union
- Management Request: Management vacation request
- Business Card Request: For staff and officers to request business cards
- Stationery Request: For staff to request stationery items
- Equipment Request: For staff and officers to request new equipment