Administrative Assistant – Technology
Employment starts: January 2, 2020
Location: Based in the CFT Burbank Office
Salary range: Start: $25.89 per hour; 6 Months: $29.59 per hour; 1 Year: $36.99 per hour. Plus full employee fringe benefit package: health, dental and vision plans and retirement 401k and pension programs.
Deadline to apply: November 22, 2019
The Administrative Assistant–Technology, under the minimal supervision of the Data Management Specialist, assists in developing and updating various CFT Websites and provides technical assistance. The position requires technical, interpersonal, and organizational skills necessary to coordinate the latest technologies among staff and local leaders. The Administrative Assistant–Technology must have knowledge of the structure and mission of the California Federation of Teachers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of various websites.
- Provides technical assistance in web technologies
- Provides technical assistance in troubleshooting software and hardware problems.
- Installs and configures desktop client/server software and hardware
- Data Entry and Manipulation
- Installs and maintains network infrastructure components such as cabling, routers, switches, patch panels, firewall, and servers.
- Assist in writing technical documentation and procedures
- Maintains accurate operating statistics
- Performs other related duties as required
- An associate of arts degree or its equivalent in business, computer science or a related field, or 24 units in business or computer science, and two (2) years of full-time technical support in website design and maintenance.
- Proficient in HTML/CSS
- Knowledge of website content management systems (WordPress); PHP, MySQL, and MVC; Social media and web technologies; Client/server operating systems; MS Office and Access
- Ability to track web and report analytics
- Ability to provide technical assistance to customers
- Ability to stay up-to-date with the latest technologies
- Ability to organize and coordinate projects through completion
- Ability to review source data, detect and correct errors
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external customers
- Ability to understand, interpret and apply rules, policies and procedures
- Ability to prioritize, schedule work, and follow instruction
- Ability to work quickly and independently
- Ability to problem-solve and troubleshoot
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced computer skills
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Minimal moving of computers and installation of network infrastructure
- Occasional driving/travel
- Repetitive typing motion
- Coordinates and prioritizes the work flow of technical request
- Create and update websites
- Data Entry and Manipulation
- Manages and operates computer and network infrastructure
To apply for the position
Submit letter of application, resume, references and one sample of the applicant’s written prose to:
California Federation of Teachers, AFT, AFL-CIO
1107 9th Street, Suite 460
Sacramento, CA 95814
Attn: Leticia Castro
Or email to Human Resources.
If you have any questions, please contact Sarah
Callahan, CFT Executive Director, or phone
The CFT is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer.