In conjunction with Division Councils and Committees
Between Conventions, the State Council makes decisions for the Federation. All locals may send delegates to State Council. It meets twice yearly. Policy positions discussed and voted on at meetings of the Division Councils may be ratified by the general membership at the State Council.
State Council also sits as the CFT Committee on Political Education, or COPE, and reviews ballot propositions and political candidates and their positions on issues. Through COPE, the CFT participates actively in the campaigns of endorsed candidates.
- This will be an in-person event at the Westin Los Angeles Airport.
- CFT COVID protocols will be in place. (See below) You will be required to test when you arrive. Testing takes 15 minutes to complete, so please plan to arrive early as the meetings will start on time. Masks must be worn except when eating.
- Please register your attendance below for purposes of meal planning and logistics.
Two-Day Event Schedule
|Fri, Oct 7||2 pm||Check In & COVID Testing||Second Level Foyer|
|3 pm –7 pm||Division Councils|
|Council of Classified Employees||LaGuardia|
|Community College Council||Concourse Ballroom AB|
|Council of Retired Members (hybrid)||Kennedy|
|7 pm||Dinner||Westchester AB|
|Sat, Oct 8||8 am||Check In, COVID Testing & Breakfast||Grand Ballroom B Foyer|
|9 am||General Session||Grand Ballroom B|
|10 am – 1 pm||Committees||Announced onsite|
|12 pm||Lunch, COVID Testing & State Council Registration||Grand Ballroom B Foyer|
|1 pm – 4 pm||State Council||Grand Ballroom B|
Local Voting & Registration
Each local union has one vote at the State Council, per the CFT Constitution, Article V, Section 3. The local delegate may or may not be the local president. Guests and staff are also welcome and encouraged to attend.
Please register all of the individuals from your local who will be attending State Council. When you register, you will be asked if you are a local union delegate, local union guest, local staff member, CFT Executive Council member, or CFT staff member.
There is a single registration form for all three CFT events.
- The Westin Los Angeles Airport is only a few minutes from LAX, but you may experience traffic or construction delays.
- There is a hotel shuttle. It leaves from the LAX departures level at the area signed ”Hotel and Private Parking Shuttles.” Look for a white shuttle van with the Westin logo. The shuttle departs every 15-20 minutes.
- Day self-parking fee is $20.
- Day valet parking fee is $40.
- Overnight parking is discounted 20%.
- Set your driving directions to:
Westin Los Angeles Airport
5400 W Century Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90045
To assist local unions in sending one representative to the State Council, the CFT reimburses partial travel expenses based on local membership. The reimbursement is defined in the CFT Constitution & Bylaws as follows:
Number of members in local
1000 or more
600 to 999
Fewer than 600
- A local shall be in good standing to receive the reimbursement.
- The CFT will reimburse only one delegate per local.
- Transportation costs include airfare, parking, and mileage to and from the airport. Where airfare is available, mileage is to be no more than airfare. CFT reimburses for mileage at the current IRS rate.
- Meals are not reimbursed.
- All receipts necessary for reimbursement must be included and sent to the CFT Los Angeles County office. The signature of the local president is required.
- To obtain reimbursement for travel expenses to State Council, locals may complete and submit the form below.
- The CFT’s COVID safety protocols will be in place during all meetings.
- Attendees will be required to upload proof of vaccination in advance of the conference. A booster is recommended. If you have already uploaded your vaccination card to CFT, you will not be required to do so again.
- Attendees will receive an email from CFT with upload instructions.
- Rapid antigen COVID tests will be administered on-site. Please allow an additional 15-20 minutes upon arrival to the registration area to complete the test.
- Masks must be worn at all times unless actively eating or drinking.
Hotel Reservations Closed
- The deadline to reserve a room at the conference rate ($149) was September 16.
- Rooms reserved after September 16 are subject to availability and price fluctuation.
- If you have questions about hotel accommodations, please email Angelica Vargas.